Szechuan chicken sauté
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|700 g||1 1/2 lb||Olymel fully cooked thin strips of chicken, thawed|
|3||3||garlic cloves, chopped|
|30 ml||2 tbsp||chopped ginger|
|2||2||onions, cut into chunks|
|5||5||celery stalks, thinly sliced|
|2||2||yellow peppers, thinly sliced|
|2||2||red peppers, thinly sliced|
|225 g||1/2 lb||snow peas|
|60 ml||1/4 cup||hoisin sauce|
|60 ml||1/4 cup||soy sauce|
|45 ml||3 tbsp||tapioca starch or cornstarch|
|15 ml||1 tbsp||sugar|
|2.5 ml||1/2 tsp||crushed chili flakes|
|125 ml||1/2 cup||unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped|
|-||-||Vegetable oil for cooking|
|-||-||Toasted sesame oil for cooking|
- In a large pan or wok at high heat, put in a reasonable amount of vegetable oil.
- When the oil has reached the smoke point, cook the chicken strips for 1 minute, while stirring constantly. Remove and set aside.
- Add the garlic and the ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Remove and set aside with the chicken.
- Put in a drizzle of the vegetable oil and a drizzle of the smoked sesame oil, add the onions and the celery and cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and the pepper and cook for 1 more minute. Return the chicken strips and add the snow peas.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce with the starch, the sugar and the pepper flakes.
- Reduce the heat, pour in the hoisin sauce and mix well. Pour in the starch mix, mix well and continue cooking for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- Serve hot on a bed of vermicelli garnished with chopped peanuts