Turkey filets à la puttanesca
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|12||12||Olymel turkey fillets|
|2||2||onions, finely chopped|
|150 g||1/3 lb||chopped garlic|
|15 ml||1 tbsp||chopped oregano|
|10 ml||2 tsp||pepper flakes|
|1||1||large can (2.84 L) of Italian tomatoes|
|450 g||1 lb||tomato paste|
|450 g||1 lb||sliced Kalamata olives|
|150 g||1/3 lb||drained capers|
|375 ml||1 1/2 cup||chopped parsley|
|-||-||Olive oil, for cooking|
|-||-||Salt and pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Salt and pepper the turkey fillets on all sides.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan to medium-high heat and cook the fillets until nicely coloured. Remove and place in a deep roasting pan.
- In the same frying pan, cook the onion and the garlic for 1 minute, then add the oregano and pepper flakes and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Incorporate the olives, the capers, and half of the parsley. Pour this over all the turkey fillets, cover and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle over with chopped parsley and serve hot.