Sunny pork meatballs
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|500 g||1 1/4 lb||eggplant, cut into cubes|
|340 g||3/4 lb||zucchini, cut into rings|
|340 g||3/4 lb||peppers, deseeded and cut into 8 (your choice of colour)|
|340 g||3/4 lb||diced onions|
|45 ml||3 tbsp||olive oil|
|900 g||2 lb||extra-lean ground pork|
|45 ml||3 tbsp||breadcrumbs|
|15||15||chopped mint leaves|
|2||2||chopped garlic cloves|
|5 ml||1 tsp||powdered cumin|
|250 ml||1 cup||plain yogurt|
|22.5 ml||1 1/2 tbsp||ground coriander|
|-||-||Salt and pepper|
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place the vegetables in a mixing bowl, add salt and pepper, pour in the oil and mix well. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring the mixture twice as it cooks.
- Put the ground pork, the breadcrumbs, the egg, the mint, the garlic and the cumin in a bowl and mix well.
- Make meatballs, place them side by side on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt with the coriander. Add salt and paper.
- Serve the meatballs over the vegetables accompanied by a ramekin of sauce.