- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Add sausage slices to a pan over medium-high heat. Stir to break up the sausage. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, green pepper and red pepper to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, an additional 3 minutes. Add the syrup and simmer 3 minutes or until it thickens. Cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Incorporate the sausage mixture and the cheeses. Season with salt and pepper.
- Oil a muffin tin thoroughly with cooking spray. Add the egg mixture to the muffin moulds filling them nearly to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before removing the omelettes.