Indian-style pork shanks
- Preheat convection oven to 375°F (190°C), fan on maximum
- Place the shanks on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil or parchment paper and brush with half the sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes turning halfway through cooking and brush with remaining sauce.
- Cook until caramelized.
Chick pea and sweet potato curry
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, sweat the onion for two minutes then add the garlic, ginger, curry paste and curry powder. Mix well. Add the chick peas and sweet potatoes and stir. Add the diced tomatoes and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes.
- Plate each shank accompanied by the chick pea and sweet potato curry, garnished with fresh cilantro and serve with toasted naan bread.