- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan and fry chicken thighs until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan and fry the onion for one minute. Add the peppers and cook, stirring, for two minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook 1 minute. Deglaze pan with the chicken stock. Crush tomatoes with your fingers, add to pan and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add the browned chicken thighs, cover and let simmer 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Keep warm.
- When time to serve, transfer each portion to an individual-size cast iron pan.
- With a spoon make a well in the tomato sauce and break an egg into it. Cover and let simmer gently 5 to 6 minutes or until the white is cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
- Accompany with pita bread.