Vietnamese-style chicken thighs
- In a bowl combine all marinade ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken thighs, turn to coat evenly, cover and refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat grill and oil thoroughly. Remove thighs from marinade, place on the grill and brush with more marinade. Cook until internal temperature reaches 80°C (175°F). Keep warm.
- In a bowl stir vinegar and sugar together to dissolve, add the julienned carrots and radishes and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Slice the grilled chicken thighs into strips.
- Cut into baguettes lengthwise without cutting through, spread insides with spicy mayonnaise, top with lettuce leaves, chicken strips, marinated vegetables, cilantro and cucumber. Cut in two and serve.
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 75 g daikon radish, julienned
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) sugar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 6 small sandwich baguettes
- ½ English cucumber, julienned
- Marinated vegetables
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 12 leaves Boston or curly lettuce
- 175 ml mayonnaise with 15 ml (1 tbsp.) sriracha sauce