Baked Mediterranean Ham Cups
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|45 ml||1.5 fl oz||Extra virgin olive oil|
|300 g||10 oz||Red peppers, diced|
|Salt and pepper|
|500 g||1.2 lb||Large onions, diced|
|75 ml||2.5 fl oz||Basil pesto|
|700 g||1.5 lb||Olymel reduced sodium black forest ham (48 slices)|
|360 g||1.5 cup||Mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend, grated|
|24||24||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
|12||12||Leaves - fresh basil, washed, chopped|
- Combine peppers with 1/3 of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and reserve for later.
- In a frying pan over high heat combine onion with 1/3 of oil. Season with a pinch of thyme. Stir while cooking until caramelized.
- Add the pesto and blend. Reserve.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Brush the inside of muffin pans with 1/3 of oil.
- Layer the inside of each cup with two slices of ham making sure to overlap to form a cup.
- To each ham cup add: cheese, peppers, onions, and two halves of cherry tomatoes.
- Break one egg into each cup.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked to desired yolk consistency.
- Garnish with basil before serving.