B.B.Q. Korean pork shanks
- Preheat convection oven to 375°F (190°C), fan on maximum
- In a bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place the pork shanks on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil or parchment paper and brush with half the sauce.
- Bake 20 minutes turning halfway through cooking and brush with remaining sauce.
- Bake until caramelized.
- Heat steamed rice and place in flared bowls.
- Centre one shank on top of rice. Garnish with vegetables, sprinkle with sesame vinegar.
- Finish with sesame seeds.
- 600 g steamed rice
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup edamame beans
- ½ cup snow peas, blanched
- ½ cup cucumber, julienned
- ½ cup enoki mushrooms (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced and sprinkled with lemon juice
- 250 ml sesame vinaigrette
- Toasted sesame seeds